Do you want to be part of a team that takes your career development as seriously as it does client satisfaction? A team that is ambitious and passionate about excellence? A team that knows that if you stop learning, you stop delivering? If this strikes a chord with you, if you are someone who relishes a challenge at the cutting-edge, who is creative yet practical and who wants nothing but the best for their clients – then we need to talk!
At Aprico Consultants, you’ll be part of a fast-growing family that seeks to support its members at both the client interface and in developing new skills. We do this by drawing upon the resources we’ve built up over more than twenty years of doing our customers proud.
We take our work very seriously – ourselves – not so much! Our management team is always open to innovative suggestions and fresh perspectives. Together, we create top-quality digital solutions that have the power to make the world a better, more secure place.
Aprico Consultants is looking for a DBA Oracle who will be a member of a team in charge of the Oracle & Microsoft SQL Server DB Server infrastructure for a mission in Brussels.
What will the position look like?
- Providing technical support for the database environment, including support of the production but also supporting the development and enhancement of applications;
- Helping to achieve a state-of-the-art environment that meets current and future business objectives, highest reliability and performance possible;
- Software installation procedure + configuration of the servers;
- Release management;
- Upgrade/migrations of databases;
- Day-to-day administration of the infrastructure;
- Disaster recovery plans;
- Defining standards and guidelines;
- Security of DB servers;
- Replication of data;
- Performance tuning;
- Research & Development: Assessment and implementation of new technologies and providing IT with a long-term perspective on the relationship of database technology to the business opportunities.
- Provides and designs tools to assist in the management of the databases.
What do we expect from the ideal candidate?
- You hold a master degree
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency is French can be an asset.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Proven experience working with Oracle and MS SQL Server databases from an administration point of view.
- Strong operational focus including security, patch revision control, performance management and tuning, high availability and licensing.
- Some experience with Oracle Management Server (installation, configuration & usage) is a plus.
- Knowledge in one of the following operating Systems can be an asset: Red Hat Linux and Windows.
- Knowledge of PowerShell, shell scripting and Ansible is considered as a plus.
- Complexity & problem solving: Handles standard situations covering known domains of expertise. Proposes process and procedure improvements within domain of expertise.
- Decision making: Might rely on existing processes and policies to make decisions but also uses knowledge and expertise to support the decision process in own domain.
- Strategic approach and impact: Focuses on execution in own domain expertise. Runs and maintains the operational process.
- Autonomy and leadership: Works autonomously within own domain of expertise. Independently, co-ordinates and plans activities within given constraints. Contributes to defining the implementation method for a set of products/services/solutions/applications in known domain of expertise.
- Strong team player, flexible and pro-active.
And what do we offer?
- Challenging projects with clients in different sectors. These clients are all big players in the market.
- A development track that includes trainings, information sessions and certifications.
- A team of experts in multi-domains. This allows you to have coaches, mentors and sparring partners.
- A competitive salary package.
Even when the cloud has caused much ink to flow, it seems that most organizations prefer hybrid cloud, combining private and public cloud, to enjoy the best of both worlds. Transparency and portability remain the big challenges. Hence the need to call on the services of a professional provider to make the right choice.
Get in touch
Subscribe to our newsletter