Blockchain beyond the hype: use-cases and implementation tools
CONFERENCE – 19th of October 2018 - Brussels
LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE - SIGN UP NOW !
Blockchain revealed its potential outside the world of cryptocurrencies. By disintermediating trusted parties, Blockchain is considered as one of the most disrupting technologies for the coming years. More than a shared ledger, the technology enables improved transparency, self-executing smart-contracts, machine-to-machine payments, decentralized applications and eventually autonomous organizations.
The new technology is of significant importance, as it creates transparency to transactions, lowers the barrier to entry the market, and can cut out middlemen. Multiple industries are joining forces to create frameworks for using blockchain technology as they ‘feel’ that this technology could affect their way of working.
As debates arise on how to actually adapt the new technology and how to develop new disrupting propositions, this seminar will walk you through the value-adding features of Blockchain, explain how it operates, and what it could mean for your business.
Jean-Luc Verhelst is the author of the book Bitcoin, the Blockchain and Beyond (2017) and works as a freelance public speaker, trainer and advisor. He is the co-founder of the blockchain community and incubator HIVE.brussels and was selected by the European Commission as a member of the EU Blockchain Observatory and Forum.
Prior to his current position, he worked several years as a strategy consultant and became the blockchain leader for Deloitte Belgium after having spent several months at the EMEA Blockchain Lab. He worked for numerous clients in Europe, managed the development of blockchain solutions, and delivered internal trainings in EMEA and the USA. He also won the world’s largest blockchain hackathon of 2016, and his master thesis on Bitcoin received the award for best financial thesis of 2014 in Belgium. Jean-Luc holds academic degrees in IT and business.
Most importantly, Jean-Luc has a real passion for blockchains and how they will shape our future.
- The why of blockchains
- Concept of distributed storage
- Concept of private and public blockchains
- Introduction to the rules of the blockchain
- How blocks are created
- Different consensus mechanisms (reduced focus on mining and PoW)
- The importance of a unique consensus mechanism
- Introduction to incentive systems (reward and punishment)
- Different layers of blockchain applications and their concrete industry examples
- Data storage
- Transfer of value
- Private key, public key, addresses
- How digital signatures are generated from the different keys
- Different types of wallets (e.g. deterministic, etc.) and uses
- The why and what of smart contracts
- Different functions and best practices to implement smart contract
- Concrete applications
- ICO’s, Dapps and DAO’s
- Focus on tokens
- Examples of different types of crypto-assets and their function
- Examples of different governance models to navigate the decentralized world (difference in private and public blockchain system) (reflection on reward and punishment)
- The future of blockchains
- Challenges in implementing blockchains
- Impact on business models
- The new business paradigm
- Where we are today and when you need to be ready
- Business factors affected by/affecting blockchains
- Focus on blockchain and GDPR
- Why you should or should not start a blockchain journey
- How businesses react and organize themselves
- How and where to start and move on from there
When : 19th of October 2018 from 9.00 to 12.00 pm
Where : Aprico Consultants – Leuvensesteenweg, 325 – 1932 Zaventem – TEL: +32.712.05.92.